Wednesday, January 9, 2008

You Know Your Feet Are Swollen When Your Crocs Are Tight

Awww man! I messed up my blog-a-day streak! It's all Susie's fault. We tried to make 240 little Sizzix die cut people for our latest Primary venture. By the time we called it quits... at around 1:30am, we still had 106 left to do. I'll continue with the cutting and gluing later... for now, she has enough to get by this month.

So now It's way after midnight and I'm checking out my new and improved (tripled RAM memory and new "fatty" 500Gb Hard Drive) computer that Josh installed tonight... like without even breaking a sweat. I revere his geek gene that he has nurtured since the day we were married. (Seriously, he used our loot from the money dance at our wedding reception to buy our first computer.)
Believe it or not, there was once a time when I knew more about computers than he did. Laughable, I know! Unbelievable, I know! In human growth terms, he went from zygote to teen wonder in less than a year. I served my time (hanging out at computer stores, going to sleep with him still surfing the net--with dial up no less, and watching him spend $20 on one CD to burn and dying inside when it didn't take because he would have to buy another one), and now I am reaping the benefits. We got great deals at Fry's today and my boss agreed to pay for it... woo hoo! And I am marveling at the speed at my fingertips. I feel like Flash Gordon... I'm singing the Queen song in my head.... Flash... Ah-aahhhHH! Savior of the Universe!

Now I have no excuse... I have to get those other calendars done. I did three today, so that leaves five more. I can do it. I think I can, I think I can.

I'm so ready to pop! I had three contractions in a 20-minute period today at the doctor's office. They put me on a monitor and I had to click the clicker every time I felt baby move. I was clicking away and the nurse commented about how the baby was moving around like a "jumping jelly bean." (It doesn't look so good in print, but she was a black lady and she quipped it with conviction and flare, so I decided to write it anyway.) And then the doctor said that the baby "is looking really good." He was a little bugged that I have been skipping testing my blood a lot, but only three more days of this and hopefully I can eat whatever I want!!

OK, who am I kidding? I've already been eating whatever I want lately... within reason... most of the time. But I think mostly, I haven't been eating. I get busy doing something and pretty soon it's noon and I haven't eaten breakfast. So then I go down whatever is quick... protein or not. And I can't seem to keep drinking water. That's why my crocs are tight. Especially on my left foot. My entire left leg looks 15% bigger than my right. I wonder why. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it hurts in the "hmm hmm" to stand on that leg by itself. It has been like that for months, but the swelling only started in the last three weeks. And if I wore anything on my nose, it would be tight, too... my nose is totally swollen.

I took pictures of all this, but I don't want to gross you out. Some family members have already been "treated" to a picture of my naked belly with stretch marks and darkened belly button. I think I've said enough here.

4 comments:

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you poor thing

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

one more day...just one more

Trish said...

Susie! I'm contracting big time! My right leg now looks the way my left leg did last night and my left leg looks like it belongs to an elephant! Help me obiwan!

KAPELE KREW said...

I am leaving for Disneyland tomorrow(alone with Frank) so I wanted to wish you luck. I really wish I could be there. I am so excited to see pictures. You will be in my prayers. You are the greatest mother. Zoe is going to be a very lucky baby. I miss you and your family. I love you all!