Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Need a New Hard Drive

Josh has been working tirelessly on recovering the pictures, but it seems that my entire hard drive has decided to show its age. He is now trying to recover everything on it - - including work files, church files, and basically my whole life for the past year. Please let all his skills make it work!!

Other than that bit of unpleasantness, today was a rather rewarding day. I was able to wake up on time and be at the church to set up for our first Primary Quarterly Activity of the year -- Meet Your Teacher Breakfast. The newest members of the Primary presidency were there as promised and ready to rock. I just love these women already. Josh set up 9 round tables practically on his own, and we put tablecloths and chairs out. Sarah and Zack were helpful putting up table tents and Articles of Faith cards at each setting. Susie came a little later after having baked from scratch 80 sausage and cheese kolaches. She also brought orange wedges, pineapple rings, and grapes. We were fortunate enough to get leftover orange rolls that our former Nursery leader made because of a youth planning meeting that took place at the same time.

We had a pretty big turn out with 31 children showing up in pajamas. Our music leader did an excellent job introducing the theme for the year, and the teachers seemed to enjoy getting to know their new classes. I am especially grateful for dedicated teachers that come every Sunday prepared to teach and love the children.

We had plenty of help cleaning up, and then after the closing prayer, the children went home and the teachers stayed for a Teacher Improvement meeting. I thought it went very well. I feel like we will all mesh well this year and have success in our goals for Primary. Of course, I'm leaving everything in the capable hands of Susie and the new counselor and new secretary for this month, but I am feeling really excited about what the coming year has in store. I am passed being completely paralyzed with fear of being the president, and I feel like I'll do better and make less mistakes.

There are still some issues to take care of, but I know that all the challenges I face are no surprise to Heavenly Father, and he would not have put me here if he didn't think I could do some good and learn a lot along the way. He trusts me with the teaching of his little ones, so I have to trust that he knows what he's doing and try not to mess up!

I took a good long nap when I got home and after Susie brought by some cinnamon rolls that she made from scratch. They were so good! And she was so good to think of us. I can't say enough about how much she rocks. I'm so happy that she's past her morning sickness and back to her normal self.

After my nap, I went through the coupons I bought. I haven't bought newspapers since mid-December. There were a lot this week. So then I dragged Sarah to Kroger with me (since Susie wasn't answering... must have hit the sack early after all her baking). I got $211 worth of stuff for $122. Not quite 50% off, but a good run all the same. I'm especially happy about getting a package of diapers for $5 and a thing of wipes for $1.

We start church at 2:30pm tomorrow. It will be weird, but nice that I have all day to prepare my Sharing Time lesson.

Now I have to go do some breathing exercises or get in a better position... Zoe is starting her aerobics/yoga session now.

1 comment:

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

oh trish....i just love you right back.