Friday, January 4, 2008

Computer Gods -- Where art thou?

I'm blogging from the laptop while my desktop computer gets an overhaul. My geek squad husband is rescuing some files that have mysteriously disappeared. Or have they? They're playing hide and seek. We'll see what we can recover.

My mom doesn't read my blog, I don't think. So I'll tell you a secret... I'm going to see how she feels about giving me her super duper really nice laptop. She bought it last Christmas when she was here and I'm taking lessons from Josh.... I talk her into giving me the "obsolete" year-old computer and then she can get a "nice, new shiny one" when she gets here next week.

I'm on the phone with her right now feeling her out. She's currently laughing in my face. And now she's telling me that she wants a camcorder. OK... I'll have to try another route... tears? crying? nah, that never works with parents. Maybe the trick will be just getting her to bring it... and then we take a trip to Fry's and see what's out there and maybe she'll see something she likes. And I'll be in the right place at the right time... yeah, baby.

Shameless! I wasn't going to blog about this. I was actually trying to post pictures of the boys' haircuts... that Josh did! I helped, but it was pretty much mostly Josh. They look good.

Gotta go. More later.


No comments: