Monday, May 19, 2008

Random Events of the Day

I am recovering from the craziness of last week. I got some work done in 15 minute intervals with Zoe awake and in 30 minute intervals with her sleeping. Can't complain because she sleeps through the night... and I have stayed up in the wee hours to get work done without interruptions. Luckily, I'm past the need for that this week.

Seth is also home with us today because he had a fever yesterday, stayed home from church, and then threw up in the evening. (Thanks a lot, Nancy! We caught your flu bug.) He has been parked on the couch ever since. He slept there and woke up with a tummy ache this morning. I gave him Motrin and water and then he threw up a
gain (in the toilet, thank the gods... the toilet gods). So... I 86'd the water. I've been giving him cups of ice and that seems to be working. I threw in a few Saltines a couple of hours ago because the poor boy hasn't eaten anything for two days. He kept it down, so I just now gave him a few more. He has had a huge dose of TV today. I'll probably keep him home one more day.

I had already offered to pick up the Kindergartners (my Seth and Susie's little boy) for this week, but had to call Susie to let her know that I couldn't today. I left messages, but wasn't able to get her, so I decided that if I didn't get a call, I would still go and get her boy rather than leave him stranded there, the last boy standing.

Right before it was time to leave, I was holding Zoe on the recliner. She was in my lap, but really on the seat and I was holding her there. All of a sudden she turned to the right and puked down the side of my arm into the corner of the seat. Eww. I cleaned that mess up and then sat her again on the recliner thinking nothing of it. The next thing I know, there is a huge fart and I'm covered in poop. She got my shirt, my shorts, the string tie on my shorts, down the front of the recliner which channeled a nice poop waterfall onto the floor ending in a yellow pool on the carpet. With two minutes to departure, I had to change and bathe the child in hyper speed mode. I finally got out the door and was relieved to find out that Susie's husband came to the rescue. Whew.

Back at home, I realized that I should take Seth and Zoe (now very sleepy) in the car to run errands. I needed to turn in Zack
's Twilight Camp forms before the deadline. It's a 3-day Day Camp for Cub Scouts and they needed dates of immunizations on the medical form. While I was looking for his immunization card, I found a birthday card for my niece that I was supposed to have sent two months ago. OOoops. Karmen's birthday was in February. I was sending it late back when I put it in this particular bag... and so today I was doubly aware of needing to run errands (even with a sick boy in tow). I decided I would get my Auntie of the Year trophy out later to polish it.

Did you know that Sonic has the best Fresh Fruit Strawberry Slush? You can get them for half price during "Happy Hour" from 2-4pm. I got one today (Route 44 oz. size, of course) since I was in the car and the baby was sleeping soundly in her car seat and the timing was right in the middle of Happy Hour. I think this is the third one I've had in the last week and a half. (Timing has been good all these times!) If I was Diabetic, I would have to give these up. No amount of protein can make up for the sugar and carbs in this icy beverage that is perfect for combating the oncoming Texas heat of summer.

I'm almost
done with my crocheted edge blanket. I did two burp cloths and got the first line around the blanket. It's bigger and takes longer, but once the first line is done, it goes quickly. I'm going to give it away to a friend who just had a baby girl. I could keep it for Zoe, but she's too big for it now... plus I'm really not a burp cloth kind of gal. I only use them when I remember to. Same with bibs. Zoe is a slobber monster and I noticed that I keep taking pictures of her with wet clothes. If I were to put a bib on her it wouldn't look so bad.


This picture was taken last night when I was grilling dinner. The kids were playing Sequence and were in charge of keeping her happy since I was covered in bug spray. What a happy scene I came across with them all hanging out not killing each other. The Bumbo seat was given to us by the Pyrcz Family along with a bunch of other life-saving baby things... the swing, the bouncy seat, the bungee door jamb thingy that we're too scared to use but she's still too young for anyway. We love the Pyrcz's.

I bought another huge bag of Deer Corn on the way back from Port A. My plan was to buy it on the way down (but we left too late going down) so that I could share it with Josh's mom and grandmas. Once this big bag is opened, you gotta use it or lose it... lots of critters show up in a half used bag. They don't sell it in smaller bags, but you can't go wrong with $5 bucks for a 50 pound bag. I made a bunch of Corny Bags to give as Christmas gifts last year, but you can always use more than one. I might post the instructions and poem later. I should probably get permission from Brooke since I stole the idea from her. Anyway, the bag is sitting on our dining room table waiting for me to have some time to give it some attention. Any of you locals want some? Send me a 100-page essay telling me why I should share with you. JUST KIDDING.

Gotta go. Kids need to eat.

5 comments:

CHMomma said...

and i thought i was having a bad day cause haydens been super cranky trying to pop in his "cuspis" (sp?) teeth

KAPELE KREW said...

What a crazy time for you. I hate barf. And poop all over the clothes. Good Luck.

brooke said...

I hate days like that. Sorry you had to go through it. I actually stole the corny bag idea from another friend, so go ahead and make them...while you're at it, make me some. My reasoning is this massive breast infection that I have right now which has made me so lopsided that I can't even wear a bra. Is that good enough? Hope your week gets better...I guess it can't get much worse.

Trish said...

Gosh, it was supposed to be funny guys... what other job can you get pooped on and farted on and let the person live? I mean, you actually still love them!

Same with teething, Tosh, but those days are truly trying.

Thanks Kristen and Brooke! Oh, Brooke, you can have the whole bag if that's your excuse. Shoot. I'll make some for you. I'll make a family of them for you... different sizes.

brooke said...

Sounds good to me. I'll come help you though.