Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Favorite Drink


I poured my favorite drink today and then I thought I'd take a picture of it. So in case you want to try it, here's the recipe:

1 glass (or plastic cup impersonating a glass)
lots of ice
ibc cream soda (it's caffeine-free unlike A&W)
heavy cream (yup. that's right. not half and half)

Fill glass with ice, pour cream soda over that, then float heavy cream over that. The cream sits at the top, but will get mixed in with the soda eventually (but I try to prolong the separation for as long as I can by taking slow sips). When you take a sip there's the crispy sweet of the soda mixed with the mild, fattening goodness of cream.

What a great combination... you'll have a heart attack and a diabetic coma all at once. You're welcome.

6 comments:

CHMomma said...

my research can finally come to an end ive been trying to figure out how to have a heart attack and coma at the same time!!!
all kidding aside that sounds yummy! i love cream soda

Fausett Family Facts said...

Sounds yummy, but I will have to take your work for it. Since Pete had his heart attack we no longer enjoy those fun things.

Trish said...

Hey Tosh! I know, my blog is so up-to-the-minute on what not to do's.

Yeah, sorry about that Robbin... I know there are people out there that treat food as mere fuel and don't "wine and dine" anymore. Like a lady in my ward who is diabetic. I might have to face the music one day... still have that glucose test to take and be totally sure that my gestational diabetes stayed gestational.

Fausett Family Facts said...

Don't be sorry, enjoy while you can. Love ya!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

minus the cream, i totally agree

i prefer the cream soda to the reg root beer....and i prefer the A&W for the caffeinated goodness it includes~

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

I'm not a fan of the cream soda or root beer. I'm not into Diet Coke anymore either. The only thing I liked was Dr. Pepper - actually - I liked Mr. Pibb the best. But now I can't even have that.
I'm carbonated drink- free these days. It's all for the better anyway. Two weeks of no soda pop - and 5 pounds lighter. I'm not complaining much.