Friday, October 19, 2007

Nothing Sugary

I did so well today... When I volunteered at my kids' school this morning, I resisted Shipley's Donuts. And then I ate a sensible lunch... pretzels and a chicken salad sandwich. No dessert. No cookies. Nothing sugary. I drank water all day. No IBC cream soda or Sprite or hot chocolate. No candy or chocolate.

I did great until about an hour ago when I busted out the sour gummy worms while watching Grey's Anatomy with my honey. I popped two in my mouth and was like, "Doh!" He told me not to swallow it, so I spit it in the trash. What a waste. Then I decided to hit the hay and my throat was kind of scratchy, so I popped in a Ricola and did another, "Doh!" I spit that in the trash, too.

Here's the thing... if I had messed up and eaten that donut, it would have been a whole 24 hours before my glucose test. I probably could have gotten away with it. But no... I wait until 8 hours before the test to blow it. All my effort today in staying away from sugar has left me with a sticky, sweet smelling trash.

What's the moral of the story? Eat the donut!! I should have quoted Homer's other line, "Must. Eat. Donut."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS eat the donut! :)

Trish said...

I "failed" my glucose test! Gotta go back for a 3-hr one... dang it!