Saturday, October 13, 2007

Josh and the Piggies

Josh made dinner tonight. I love it when he does! He got really creative making piggies with spam, rice and nori, and it sparked everyone's imagination. We were free expressing ourselves while we ate.

Seth made one with arms. Zack dumped his snout in egg yolk pretending it to be mud. Sarah rolled up pieces of the piggy in nori and ate it like littl
e sushis or musbubis.

The little piggies were almost too
cute to eat, but after a couple of grocery runs... I was ready to stuff myself -- and I did.

BTW, I have bought $930.11 worth of groceries in the last 6 weeks for $443.47 (saving $486.64 minus $13 in newspapers). Woo hoo! Go me!

There was a mistake on the list for a couple of things at Kroger, so I didn't buy them. And then I hit Randall's really quick and was able to find a good sale over there on candy. I'll have stuff to hand out at Trunk or Treat now. (Whew!) Oh, yeah, and I went to three different thrift shops today and found a couple of pairs of overalls for the boys for $4.31 (for both!). Way cool. Now I just have to sew some white gloves for them and they'll be styling as the Mario Bros. for Halloween.

4 comments:

KAPELE KREW said...

Wait, I need more info on the Halloween costume thing. I might copy your idea. Can you give more description?

Anonymous said...

I saw the piggie idea online somewhere and had to try it. It was a bit tedious but fun and the kids loved it. I wanted to let you know how impressed I am with how you have filled our pantry and fridge on such a low budget! Thanks to Susie for showing us the way!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

YOUZ GUYZ A WELCOME!!!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

YO