Sunday, April 27, 2008

My girl, my girl... talkin' 'bout my girl...

Eleven years ago I was pretty much doing the same thing I am right now... taking care of a squishy, yummy girl who has my nose. Get a load of this picture which was taken on Mother's Day 1997 by my mother-in-law on the lanai at her house on the island of O'ahu in Hawaii Kai, Hawaii. (~Conjunction junction, what's your function?~) Note the dress Sarah is wearing. I still have it and am going to put it on Zoe on Mother's Day this year. Hopefully, we'll be on another island, this time in the Gulf of Mexico, introducing Zoe to her grandparents and great-grandparents. This blog post, however is dedicated to my Sarah. I realize that she deserves some praise (and because I am usually only posting stuff about Zoe) in light of recent events.

Sarah came home yesterday and casually told us that she scored 100% on the Math TAKS test. Josh praised her saying she should have been yelling that the moment she walked in the door. She has gotten that score before on a TAKS test, but not in Math. It must have been in Language Arts. She also came in the top 5 out of about 20 kids in the Math Olympiad program at her school which enabled her to be on the Math Olympiad Team representing her school in a competition between 11 schools which took place yesterday. They came in 3rd place. Woo hoo!

So we took the family to Cold Stone for some ice cream in her honor. More importantly, when Sarah wanted a chocolate-dipped waffle bowl, we let her get it. And then she shared pieces of it with her brothers. She is usually pretty generous with them (unless they're touching her stuff). I was really proud of her.

I think we'll keep her.

P.S. This is a late post... was 'sposed to go on Friday, April 25 so these events actually took place on Thursday, April 24.



















9 comments:

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

What a pretty girl... mother and daughter! I love love love the picture of Sarah on the beach all dressed up. I love it. I want to copy it and frame it somewhere in my house. It's so beautiful.

Did Sarah have a birthday or something? Or were you just adoring her just because?
You're such a cute mom!
I just love you, Trish!

Trish said...

Thanks Nance! Sarah's birthday is in December, so this was just cause she did a bunch of cool things at school.

The photo is copyrighted, so you'll have to ask the photographer for permission to use it. OK, you can use it! I'm the photographer and that picture is actually from a series of pictures that we used to have up in our home in CA.

I need to get on the ball and decorate our house here in TX. Right now the pictures up are there because the previous owners left a nail in the wall. Pretty sad.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i lllllllllllooooooovvvvveeeeee

the hula girl pic.....and you know i do, i comment on it everytime i see it...(in the garage) eehhem...

needs to be up on the wall dude....not in the garage.

you should totally decorate sarah's room around that pic....like a luah..is that how you spell it?

anywho

go sarah, go sarah.....

and thanks for making our school look good sarah bear!!

Trish said...

Thanks mom!

By the way, it was 55 kids (not 20) and it was the Reading TAKS test.

P.S. I Know it says "trish said, but really I'm Sarah(:^)-{

Trish said...

luau, yo.

Trish said...

lua(h) in Hawaiian is bathroom... so yah... gotta have the u.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

how funny...



hey sarah...i had to read twice to understand what the heck.....


not trish, sarah...GOT IT

KAPELE KREW said...

What a sweet blog. Sarah, I miss you so much. You have a great sense of humor. Great pictures!

Ola said...

Sounds like a lot of FUN and your girl's so smart... :) had an awesome time on Thursday... :)