Monday, April 7, 2008

Jumping Jumperoo

Zoe inherited a Jumperoo from Susie! Life is made a little bit easier with this dealy. You can pop baby in there for a break from holding her and that gives you about 10-15 minutes before she starts to squawk. It has come in handy a lot in the few days that we've had it. In the mornings, when she's extra happy, she smiles at the toys like they're her long lost friends. She can't actually grab them yet, but she goes cross-eyed trying to.

She is really concentrating hard on her hands lately. She's at the age when she's starting to realize that their hers and she controls them. She hasn't mastered them yet and she will not untuck the thumb. The kids crack up watching her suck on her wrist, arms, and untucked thumb (with the other four fingers covering her nose and poking her eyes). I have started to put a bib on her because of all the slobber she produces. If she weren't a baby it'd be really gross.

I'm patiently waiting for the day when she finds her thumb because she will not take a pacifier. She gets this look like, "Oh, no, you didn't." She tries to push it out and if you persist, she gets really mad. I've given up because the little rubber things do not live up to their name in Zoe's case.

She is a really good baby and I don't have much to complain about. During the day her feedings can be at 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-hour intervals, but at night, once she goes down... she's pretty much zonked until morning. Sometimes she throws me for a loop and wakes up at 4am, but I just nurse her in the bed and she goes back to sleep. It does make daytime work on my computer a challenge, especially since my desk is right in the room with her, but so far, I've had miracles happen each month... I don't know how it all gets done, but it does.

Speaking of work... I should go get some done. One relief of the to-do list that I have to mention in parting is that Josh and I finished our taxes this past weekend. Oh, yeah! It was the first time doing it together and we nearly failed before we began, but we did it -- all pau, done, finished -- and we are still married.

7 comments:

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Crap! I totally forgot about taxes.... we better get our forms filled out and sent in....
I want that money!

Nice to hear from you again.
I've missed you!

And
OMG-oodness!
Your babe is so adorable. I can't believe how big she is now. She was just a newborn when I saw her and now she's a baby with a bouncer. Man - those things are life savers!

Trish said...

Thanks Nancy!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

YOU ARE SO WELCOME, I'M GLAD SHE LIKEY!

THANK SALLY, REALLY!

Trish said...

THANKS SALLY!

KAPELE KREW said...

I love the jumpy thing. Zoe is so pretty. Please post more pics of her.

What's this whole Sally thing?

Trish said...

Sally is Susie's sister and the jumpy thing was hers until she gave it to Susie and now Susie gave it to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.